Library was organized in 1887. For many years it was housed in
the Marsh Store. Later, it was moved to the teacherís room, a
small room on the second floor of the old Continuation School,
which had closed in 1948. In 1978 the library was moved into
the Lobo Council Chamber on the first floor of the Continuation
School, a move which more than tripled its space.
In January 1988
Coldstream Library opened in the new Lobo Township Community
Centre building. With the amalgamation of Lobo, London and
Delaware Townships in 1998 the offices of the new Municipality
of Middlesex Centre required more space, and the library was
moved into a portable in the parking area.
In September 2008 the library moved into a
new modular building in the same location with twice the space,
a washroom, much improved accessibility and a bright new look.